Monday, April 14, 2008

A wasted life....

Hi everyone,

I hope the thread title might have piqued your interest a bit and led you here to hear this story about a wasted life.

Yesterday after church I got to talking with an older gentleman about motorcycles. He told me that back in 1982 he bought a brand new Honda CM 250 C street bike. He rode it home from the dealer and parked it in his garage. He found out that he needed a special license to ride a bike on the street and since he didn't have one he just parked the bike in his garage untill he got his motorcycle license.

Well he just never got around to it and the bike just stayed in his garage. So I asked him "what ever happened to the bike?" He said "its still in the garage right now. How many miles does it have on it?" I asked. "6" (you heard me 6 as in six!!!). I said "do you want to sell it and he said sure, give me $200 and it is yours." I called him tonight and left him a message saying I would take it if he had the title and the registration could be worked out. I looked at it last night and all I could see was the front wheel, forks, gauges and a bit of the seat (to much other junk was around it). Except for some light rust in spots it looks prety good and also very dirty!!

I feel sorry for this poor little bike, just born and never had a chance yet to be a real motorcycle!! A wasted life for sure. What do you all think about this? I will follow up with some pictures if we are able to work out a deal.

1 comment:

Matt Ackerman said...

Awww, that poor lil motorcycle.

Maybe it can resurrected.